Friday, October 4, 2013

A love letter to a beautiful island


Dear Hadahaa,
What an amazing time we’ve had together, the best of times. I hope someday to find colleagues and corals that I love as much as you. Hadahaa, you have been so much more than a job, you’ve transformed me, powering my passion for nature, laughter, children and food. I’m incredibly proud to be a piece of your puzzle. There will not be one day that I don’t think of the 12% of my life I belonged in the Maldives. Does this makes me 12% Maldivian, seems like more dho?
 
These are just a few of the things that will make me smile when I’m daydreaming about you:
-          Chef Sunil’s gooey chocolate fondant
-          Swimming with wild dolphins
-          Laughing with beautiful children on local islands
-          Stargazing and lazing on the roof of the dhoni
-          Dancing like a mad to boduberu drumming
I’m going away for a while, to be a little closer, to a bigger island on the other side of the world. But our relationship is not over and I’m already looking forward to hearing the words “Welcome back”.
 I know that you know, but I’m going to say it again anyway– I’m really going to miss you.
With love,
Arabella

No comments:

Post a Comment